Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Whew!

The skirt to bag project is finally done! Here's a picture:











It took me way longer than it should have. First, I cut a size tag off the skirt and accidentally cut some of the skirt fabric along with it. Can you say re-design? Then, I used a blue cording for the closure and realized it didn't match the blue-heart embroidered trim and the blue lining, so had to pull off the cool "Tommy" cord locks, struggle with the knots at the end of the drawstring, re-thread with the original drawstring that came with the skirt, and get the end back through the cord lock. Not so easy!

When I finally got to the buttonholes, I marked them and began stitching. My lovely new Janome 6260 started stitching a beautiful buttonhole--and then stopped. What the--! I was talking to my sister-in-law at the time, and she offered lots of great possible fixes but none of them worked. I ripped out the stitches, re-threaded the machine and tried again. Ugh! Same thing. Not wanting to mess around, I called the shop where I purchased my machine last week and told them the problem. Duh!! I'd forgotten to pull the buttonhole lever down! Geesh, for an intelligent woman, I can be dense sometimes! I'm glad I didn't give my name. Hmm . . . Wonder if they sold more than one of these babies last week? ;D

Anyway, it's done. I think it came out great! I'd keep it for myself, but I need another purse/tote like I need more mud
outside. (Okay, okay!)


Here are some more pics:







Isn't it cute? Pockets on the front and a nice big one on the inside. And that lining is the perfect match! This bag grows or shrinks, depending on what you're using it for. I'm thinking shopping, market, beach, hanging out, whatever! Versatility is good!

For those of you who don't sew or care about purses, don't go away. I'll be posting a teeny little short story I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment